I am so happy to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award!!! I have been blogging since March and really enjoy writing about all the adventures Henry and I are having, and my time during my pregnancy so as you can imagine I am over the moon to have been recognised for something which I love doing!!
The Liebster Award is an award given to up and coming bloggers with less than 200 followers (on Google/Blogger/BlogLovin etc), to help boost their popularity and reputation and I have been nominated by the lovely mummy blogger Liz of Everything Is Rosy.
There are a few rules to ensure it’s new blogs which are nominated, they are as follows:
- Link back to the blog which nominated you
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
- Divulge 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 5 – 11 other new blogs (with less than 200 followers) and come up with 11 questions for them to answer!
My questions from Everything Is Rosy
- When did you start blogging? March 2013.
- What made you decide to start blogging? I’ve always loved writing but never had an outlet, I was learning so much whilst pregnant I wanted to share what I was going through with other people; I discovered blogging was the perfect way to do both and it’s just grown from there (as did my waistline!) I was actually too nervous to start my blog at first and it took me 7 months to work up the courage to get it out there in case people thought I was rubbish!
- If you could have one special power, what would it be? I think about this a lot! I think it would have to be the power to have every super power out there!
- Would you rather have a giraffe’s neck or tiger paws (and why?) Hmm, I’d have to say giraffe’s neck; because I am always losing Stuart when we’re out and about so I’d be able to look over everyone to find him!
- Who is (or has been) your embarrassing celeb crush? We’ve all had them, see my facts above for mine..!? Ronan Keating! I loved him when I was younger and really thought we would one day marry!!
- What did you want to be when you grew up? A mermaid!
- What is your most embarrassing habit? Falling asleep at parties…I once fell asleep on a speaker in a club!
- Which do you fancy right now, sweet or savoury? Sweet, at all times of the day.
- What is your favourite ever thing to do? “Live Laugh Love ” (cringe)
- What is your biggest fear? Losing loved ones. And SWEETCORN of course…
- Who or what inspires you? It’s got to be my beautiful Mummy.
The 11 random facts about me;
I once spent New Years Eve on Richard Branson’s yacht.
I wish I could speak Spanish fluently.
I have been travelling around the world twice – and would love to do it all again!
I once said out loud at work, “do we sell wireless cables?!” (Still haunts me now!)
I always seem to see famous people when I am out.
I have a fear of sweetcorn!
I’m slightly obsessed with Sex And The City. (Much to Stuart’s annoyance!)
I have the most insane intense dreams all the time. (NB, never tell people about your dreams, it’s incredibly boring for them! haha)
Espresso Martini’s are my drink of choice on a girlie night out.
I only watched Dirty Dancing for the first time a couple of years ago! – It’s amazing!!
I want to live in America.
And now for my nominations!! This was hard as there are just so many great blogs out there but here we go;
And here are my questions to my yummy mummy bloggers;
1. Where in the world is your favourite holiday destination?
2. What was your favourite subject at school?
3. What would be the first thing you did if you won the Lottery?
4. Who would you want to be marooned on a desert island with?
5. What would be your ideal date night?
6. Full English or Continental?
7. What talent do you wish you had?
8. Which are your favourite pair of shoes?
9. What’s your best memory?
10. Summer or Winter?
11. Who do you think is the most famous person in the world?
Thank you again Liz, can’t wait to hear back from my lovely bloggers.
Lots of love,
If you asked my husband he would probably tell you that a push present was just another idea that I have made up; like when I told him 2 days before our wedding that we obviously gave each other a wedding present…Something he had never heard of (?!) However, the idea of getting your loved one a present for that 9 (and a half) months of carrying and nourishing your darling child, caring for it from the outside, to the days (week) of pain getting the poor cherub out of you at the end of it, not only seems justifiably present worthy but it has actually long been a tradition to mark the occasion of the first-born child with an eternity ring. The push present being the modern-day version, and who am I to turn my back on years of tradition?!
Here’s a few Push Present ideas for you, or for any adoring fathers-to-be out there who are wanting to mark this celebration for their partner with a gift;
Now, you’ll need to come to terms with the fact that you will not be using your favourite handbag for a while…You will have so much baby paraphernalia to contend with that an extra bag for all of your stuff will pretty much be out of the question! All that comes with me now is my purse and phone, the rest is all Lord Henry’s. So a purse could make a very good push present as it’ll be your main piece of your old identity you get to take everywhere; Mulberry do a stunning range from around £125 for a small zip purse to the more iconic option at £275 and above. They also have a fab sale on at the moment for some great bargains!!
There are some lovely options out there if you like jewellery, and a necklace can make a different choice to the traditional ring. This one from Links is £150 and I think symbolises the eternal love for your family with its never-ending circle. Or this beautiful infinity style in yellow gold from Etsy; a steal at just £20!
I always always get complimented on my Return To Tiffany tag bracelet which Stuart bought for me one Birthday, and they do several different styles in it depending on your preference; Mine is the small bead plain heart tag, there’s larger bead options, rose gold heart tag, circle tags, I love you tags, there is a pretty one with the pink heart tag and thicker beads, or the Tiffany Blue heart tag perhaps if you have a boy. All start from around £125 from tiffany.co.uk
After deliberating over what gift I wanted to celebrate the birth of my Son I eventually decided on this beautiful 3 band diamond ring from Goldsmiths. I like the symbolism of the 3 bands representing the 3 of us and loved how the delicate ring sparkled. Our wedding bands were also from Goldsmiths so I also liked that connection. Lots more options are available on their website.