Like most of the nation, I was shocked last week when all of a sudden I woke up to single figure temperatures, it was only the beginning of the month that I was still in a maxi skirt down in Cornwall! So, swiftly I am in need of a new warm coat. There are so many great options out there and because a coat is something you can wear more than once a week it means it’s worth a splurge! I thought I would share 5 great options which I’ve found if you too are looking to make your coat purchase of the new season.
1. Animal print is the trend which thankfully will not leave the catwalk & shops year after year and this short length coat is a nice subtle option if you’re not confident in wearing a full on bold patterned leopard print.
Zara leopard printed double breasted coat, £79.99
2. The Parker is a staple a/w wardrobe feature, and this one is a smarter version which I really love.
ASOS Formal Parka With Fur Trim Hood, £90
3. The Trench is a lightweight, waterproof coat and looks great with both smart and more casual looks. This one is half price, so a great bargain!
La Redoute Mid-Length Belted Trench, £49.50
4. Unfortunately, for my personal preference, tartan is back on the runway and therefore in the shops. Dreaded memories of dodgy fashion choices from the first year of senior school come flooding back. How am I old enough to see a trend do a full circle?! So, if you’re looking to relish in the trend of the season this cape coat is a bold option which would look great with a pair of cropped trousers or coated jeans.
Zara Checked Studio Cape, £159
5. Last year was all about the faux fur coat, this year there’s still a lot of textured, luxurious materials in our shops, coupled with the cocooning boyfriend cut, this is a super on trend look which is also warm and comfy!!!
Topshop Slouchy Mohair Boyfriend Coat, £89